Wednesday 31 March 2010

Pearce cycles round 1, Bringewood (Shropshire)

Pearce cycles round 1, Bringewood.

I went up to Bringewood, in Shropshire with Harry and Liam. We arrived on Friday at about 5pm and went to walk the track. We walked about half way up before deciding that it was really too dark and we couldn’t really see anything! After a nice spot of dinner we decided on an early night ready to walk the track the morning.



In the morning we could actually see what the track looked like. It looked like a really fun track to ride, it was mostly in the woods with one open section in the middle. The open section looked really cool, it was basically a moto whoop section with about 7 rollers in it. It reminded me of riding pump tracks. The track was surprisingly tough to ride because there were so many things that you had to pump and jump to keep your speed up, and it was really tight between tree in the woods so you had to be bang on your line.

Saturday practise went well. The track was very wet because all of the rain during the week but it slowly dried up over the day. I got quite a few runs as the uplift was running well. I was happy with most of my lines but wanted to walk the track again before Sunday practise, I thought that there were probably some more lines I could find to help me keep me my speed better. There were!


After a mix up with the clocks going back we ended getting up an extra hour early, we decided as we up we would walk the track again. At the top we saw a really nice sun rise. Harry and I found a couple of sneaky lines that we had missed before. That was cool

My first race run went ok. I made a few mistakes at the top of the track where I didn’t carry my speed that well and a reasonably good bottom section. I came down in second place with 2.minutes 30 seconds behind Jack with 2.27 . I was ok with this as I didn’t have the best run and knew I could do better. For my second run I tried hard to stay smooth and carry my speed but after a bit of rain and a rougher track I could tell it was running slower. I had a much better run, no major mistakes but I didn’t really feel fast enough. I got a bit quicker but not enough. I ended up second with a 2.29.29. 2 seconds behind Jack Geoghegan.


All in all a good weekend, I’m looking forward to the first national at Rheola, in south Wales in a couple of weeks. I am going there this weekend as there’s an uplift and to spend some time riding with my friend, Tom Attlee which will be fun.


Thanks to Funn, Superstar, Axo, 661, Maxxis and Ti Bolts.

Cheers
Olie

No comments:

Post a Comment