Tuesday 18 May 2010

BDS Round 2, Fort William, Scotland.

The second round of the new BDS series was at the famous Fort William track in the Nevis range, Scotland. Its a fair way to go form down south so we decided to leave on the Thursday evening. We arrived Friday afternoon and decided to have a look at the track. We were told that there were some changes on the track this year which is cool. I started walking it with Harry but only made it half way up as I was feeling pretty ill so decided to head back down and walk it in the morning.

Expert and Elite have extra practise on Saturday and I was up early so I decided to get on the first lift up and walk down, The changes to the track looked awesome, there were a lot of compressions and drops and it all look cool. I took a cruse down for my first run to see what the new bit where are like and see how I felt with still being a bit ill. I felt ok I just got tired a lot quicker. I got down to the bottom and realised that I had blown up my shox.

I managed to borrow a spare one of my friend Owen James as mine was not fixable, thanks very much Owen. The rest of practice went well for me, I was finding all the new bits really cool an having a really fun time on the track.

I have started working with K9 industries a bit lately and this was my fist race with there help with my suspension setup. I have been using some of their Boss forks and they feel amazing. I was having some issues with my bike wallowing at the back and feeling really hard to pedal but we changed a phew things about got rid of that.

I did a couple of practice runs on Sunday and everything felt good so I was looking forward to seeding. Seeding went well I was worried that I was going to get knackered with the track being so long but my training is defiantly paying off and I felt good all way down and had a good run. I Seeded in 3rd which I was happy with. My race run was good, I felt like I road well all the way and only had one sketchy moment at the end of the woods bit managed to save it. I improved on my seeding time and ended up in 3rd behind Jack and Owen.

Maribor next week, can’t wait.

Thanks to Specialized, Superstar components, K9 Industries, Funn 661, Maxxis and Axo

No comments:

Post a Comment